Psyugrad Advising was established by the department to provide psychology information for undergraduate majors and minors. Specific academic and career information also is available at this center. Students consult with advisors about exploring areas of study which suit their interests and long-term plans.
Our advisers specialize in educational planning and professional development. The adviser's role is to consult with students about various areas of professional opportunity, explain the role of graduate education and suggest general areas of study outside of the department that might fit the student's interests and goals.
- Frequently asked questions - Answers revealed to 10 questions to help you better navigate registration @ VCU
- Changing your major to psychology
- Course override policy
- Planning for graduate school
Check the Events page for information about our regularly scheduled events such as the Psyc 494 Research Internship Recruitment Event, Career Opportunities with a Bachelors in Psychology Panel, and the All About Psychology Fair.
During Fall 2014, walk-in advising is held Monday through Friday at Psyugrad Advising
- Monday 9-4
- Tuesday 9-4:30
- Wednesday 11-4:30
- Thursday 9-7 OPEN LATE!
- Friday 9-4
PSYUGRAD Advising will follow the University holiday closing schedule and will closed on:
- Monday September 1st for Labor Day
- Thursday and Friday October 16th-17th for Reading days
- Thursday and Friday November 27th-28th for Thanksgiving
Location and Contact Information
806 West Franklin Street, Room 107
Richmond, Virginia 23284-2018
Phone: (804) 828-1239